Best Job Oriented Courses After 12th? Emergency Medical Technician Course is the One!
Emergency medicine is a clinical practice that equips physicians with the expertise and experience required to address the vital needs. Emergency medical equipment encompasses the planning, monitoring, and medical administration of emergency medical services, crisis readiness, and medical regulation. Emergency medical professionals provide valuable and critical nursing, leadership, and logistical expertise to the emergency department and all healthcare distribution network branches. Having said that, we can say that the emergency medical technician course is one of the best job oriented courses after 12th.
Emergency medical technology is very recent in India, but a vital speciality is evolving rapidly. An emergency medical technician can have an exciting future ahead of them as several healthcare centres worldwide are in dire need of trained and skilled emergency health professionals. So, if you are interested in the emergency medical technician course, connect with SV5 Healthcare & Consultant Pvt. Ltd. today!
Eligibility Requirements for the Emergency Medical Technology Course
Undergraduate (UG): The basic qualifications for such job oriented courses after 12th is X and XIIwith Biology/Chemistry/Physics as main subjects and an overall score of at least 50%. Some colleges/universities also acknowledge Botany/Computer Science/Biochemistry/Zoology as the core subjects learned in Class XII.
Postgraduate (PG): To obtain PG in Emergency Medical Technology, the specific qualifying requirements are the graduation or equivalent qualification in the related discipline earned at an accredited institution with a cumulative score of at least 55%.
Necessary Skill Set for Emergency Medicine Specialisation
Students who take job oriented courses after 12th like emergency medicine can recognise and handle life-threatening and vital conditions immediately. They frequently face surgical and medical difficulties and, as such, need a particular specialisation in a variety of areas (broad experience base of medicine including pathology, anatomy, pharmacology and physiology). Their crucial function is to care for and normalise critical patients, regardless of their age category.
The crucial abilities required for the implementation of job oriented courses after 12th are as stated below:
- Making decisions quickly, multi-tasking, and being able to tolerate danger.
- Always remain calm, particularly in a stressful and anxious environment.
- Adaptability and should have the capacity to adapt with a continually varying work schedule.
- Resilience, attention to detail, and knowledge of one’s weakness.
- Conversing well, in fact, with nervous patients and family members.
- Working as a squad and in a leadership capacity.
- To be self-reliant and self-motivated.
- Strong communications and management skills.
EMTs are trained to provide Basic Emergency Medical Care to critical and emergency patients. They are skilled in all levels of Basic Life Support procedures, use of an Automated External Defibrillators (AED, and the administration of some emergency medications. EMTs perform initial medical assistance with the basic equipment typically found on an ambulance by providing Basic Emergency Care to patients who access the EMS system.
After completion of this course, the student will be able to
- Understand the importance of EMS system and its components •
- Perform cardio pulmonary resuscitation in adults, children, and infants.
- Perform basic airway management
- Understand how to assess and treat medical and traumatic emergencies
- Perform different types of emergency moves
- Understand how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Patient assessment including history taking
- Monitoring vital signs & neurological status
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- EMS Systems
- Basic Airway Management
- Airway Maneuvers
- Supplemental oxygen therapy
- Medical & Trauma Patient Assessment and Documentation
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Respiratory emergencies
- Obstetrics and Gynaecologic Emergencies
- Pediatric Assessment Emergencies
- Trauma Emergencies–Head, Neck & Spine, Soft tissue, Abdominal, Thoracic
- Recognition & Management of Shock
- Trauma in pregnancy
- Geriatric emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Movement and transferring of patient
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Students interested in applying for admission in one of the courses, click Apply Now OR
0.00 average based on 0 ratings
- Theory+Simulation : 350 Hours
- • Hospital+Ambulance internship : 360 hours
- Eligibility : 10+2
- Duration : 710 Hours/6 Months
- Certification : VIVO/HSSC/NSDC