The course is designed to educate and train the healthcare professional in advanced aspects of emergency and pre hospital care. The EMT-A student will be able to provide an advanced level of patient care. Topics covered include advanced airway management, advanced patient assessment, advanced trauma and medical interventions, advanced pharmacology & basic cardiology
After completion of this course, the student will be able to–
- Describe the roles of EMS in the health care system. Demonstrate the professional attributes expected of EMT-A Perform the roles and responsibilities of an EMT-A with regard to personal safety and wellness, as well as the safety ofothers.
- Perform the duties of an EMT-A with regard for medical-legal
- and ethical issues, including functioning under medical direction
- and within the scope of practice.
- Apply principles of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, life span development, and therapeutic communications to the assessment and management of patients.
- Apply principles of emergency medical services operations, including considerations in ambulance and air medical
- transportation, multiple-casualty incidents.
- Respond to Emergency Calls (Advanced)
- Size up the scene at the site
- Follow evidence based protocol while managing patients
- Assess patient at the site (Advanced)
- Patient triage based on the defined clinical criteria of Severity of illness
- Manage Cardiovascular emergency (Advanced)
- Manage Respiratory Emergencies
- Manage cerebrovascular Emergency
- Manage Allergic reaction
- Manage Poisoning & Overdose (Advanced)
- Manage Severe abdominal Pain
- Manage Diabetes Emergencies
- Manage Obstetrics / Gynecological emergencies
- Manage bleeding and shock
- Manage Injuries to head and spine
- Manage Infant, Neonates & Children
- Manage patient handover to the provider institute
- Manage critical care aeromedical and inter-facility transfer
- Manage Mass casualty incident
- Manage advance venous access and administration of medications
- Collate and communicate health information
- Maintain a safe, healthy and secure working environment
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Students interested in applying for admission in one of the courses, click Apply Now
0.00 average based on 0 ratings
- Theory+Simulation : 750 hours
- • Hospital+Ambulance internship : 450 hours
- Eligibility : 10+2 with Science / EMT-Basic
- Duration : 1200 Hours/9 Months
- Certification : VIVO/NSDC