Diploma in Operation Theater Technology in Delhi is a prestigious career in health sector in which students learn about surgical equipment available in operation theaters of the hospitals. Operation Technology Technicians are responsible to keep proper maintenance and handle costly machines during surgeries. These technicians have to perform the following duties:
- Managing the patients and making them prepare for surgeries
- Motivating the patients and helping them to stay calm during the surgery
- Connecting all the required machinery for performing the surgery
- Noting down the readings obtained by the machinery throughout the surgery and communicating the same to the surgeons
- Making adjustments in the machines according to the requirements of the patients as per the directions of the surgeons.
The diploma in operation theatre technology is a two year duration course. Admission to this course is done either through the entrance examination or on the merit basis of 12th class marks. The eligibility requirement for this course is 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. After completing the diploma course, the students can study further by joining one of the following graduation level courses:
- Sc. in Operation Theater Technology (OTT)
- Sc. in Medical Lab Technology (MLT)
- Sc. in Operation Theater and Anesthesia Management
- Sc. in Surgery Technology
There are two ways by which you can get admission to the operation theatre technology course at SV5 Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. institute:
- Entrance-based Admission: Eligible candidates are called for the offline/online entrance examination conducted at the state level or district level. After the entrance test, a merit list is prepared and students are given admission based on their rank in the test.
- Merit-based Admission: The selection of students is done based on the aggregate marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. After the selection, counseling is done to allot a seat in the respective college as per their choice and availability of seats.
The course fee ranges from 2 lakh to 4 lakh for the full course depending upon the location and facilities offered by the institute. After completing diploma in operational theater technology in Delhi at SV5 healthcare institute, technicians can join hospitals, nursing homes and various research centres. They can earn in the range of Rs.20,000/- to 30,000/- per month or get an annual package in the range of 2.5 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs.
Why should you choose a career in operation theater technology? There are many reasons of making a career in operation technology as described below:
- There is a great demand of skilled professionals across all the hospitals not only in India but abroad too.
- Operation theater technologies get the opportunity to study different types of surgeries available in medical sciences.
- OT technologists can earn good salaries.
- They get excellent internship opportunities after completing the course.
- They also involve in care of patients during strategies so they also fulfill their social responsibilities for the society.