Radiology technician is a person who is trained as professional skills in imaging of human anatomy for the diagnosis and treatment of pathology disorders. Radiology technician course is of two years duration. Top Radiology Technician Courses in Delhi are offered by SV5 Healthcare & Consultants Pvt. Ltd. Radiology technicians are trained to use X-ray machines, CT Scans and MRI equipment for creating images of patients’ internal anatomy.
During the first year of the course, the trainees are taught both theoretical and practical subjects like Atomic and Nuclear Physics and Electromagnetic Radiations. They are trained to produce x-rays, construct modern x-ray tubes and identify and operate the x-ray circuits and units. They are also taught to assemble general and radiographic anatomy, bones, joints and body systems using mannequins (dummies) and skeleton.
During the second year, trainees are taught to analyse CT patients’ positioning, manipulate parameters associated with exposure of radiations and processing to produce the required image. They are also taught to operate MRI scans and review protocols for MRI scanning.
After completing radiology technician course successfully, a candidate can join one of the following fields:
- He/she can join at a diagnostic centre as a technician.
- He/she can become an entrepreneur by starting his/her own diagnostic centre.
- He/she can do an advanced diploma course in the respected field.
- He/she can join apprenticeship programmes in different industries.
- He/she can become an instructor in ITI.
The minimum qualifications required to join a technician course is 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
The trainee level technicians can start their career as X-ray/CT Scan/MRI technician and get between Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 20,000/- as a stipend per month.
The duties of a radiology technician are as follows:
- Preparing patients for X-ray/MRI/CT scan procedures
- Reviewing histories of patients and doctors’ reports
- Checking machines and positioning patients on scanning machines
- Following safety procedures such as using shielding devices to avoid exposures to harmful radiations
- Maintaining patients’ records and preparing/handling their reports
- Following up safety measures for side effects of radiations (if any)
Call SV5 Health Care and Consultant Pvt. Ltd., a Medical Lab Technician Institute in Delhi now for Top Radiology Technician Courses in Delhi.